Monday, June 28, 2010

Blueberry Banana Muffins

Since I am going out of town tomorrow to watch the Twilight Eclipse movie with my Tucson girls I thought I would post the recipe for our Wednesday dinner tonight. For future reference I will post recipe's for the following day, the night before....

Blueberry Banana Muffins

2 overripe bananas
1 egg
3 T. butter
1 c. sugar
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
3/4 c. milk
2 c. blueberries

Preheat oven to 375. Beat bananas, egg, butter, and sugar. In separate bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add alternately Flour mixture and Milk, beating until well blended. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin(s) and bake for 25-30 min.

Serve with scrambled eggs, topped with cheese, and bacon. If you have extra fruit laying around serve that with your meal too!

*For healthier option... use half whole wheat flour and half white flour. Can also use half splenda, half sugar. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe. I like buying blueberries in large quantities when they are super cheap during the summer and freezing them in large quart or gallon freezer bags.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

YES YES AND YES!! You are my hero! I am so excited about your blog! This is going to be great!!!!!!