Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baking Sauce for Meat

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Jenn. She made meatballs with this sauce, and I loved it so much I had to have the recipe and share it with all of you! Enjoy!

What you Need

2 TBS butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery (optional)
1/2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
1 Cup ketchup
1 cup water
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS Brown sugar
1/8 tsp pepper
((I've also added garlic salt to taste.))

Directions

Saute onion (and celery and green pepper if used) in butter. Add remaining ingredients mixing well. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
Pour over chicken breasts (bake at 350 deg. for 1 hour) for oven barbecued chicken OR in crockpot! Also yummy with meatballs. Serve with mashed, or baked, potatoes and veggies.

No comments: