Thursday, July 15, 2010

Strawberry Pie

So I know it isn't a dinner recipe, but it is such a good recipe that I thought I would share it anyway. This is my Grandma Noble's recipe for Strawberry Pie which is just to die for!

What you need

1 pie crust already cooked
4 c strawberries (which is the equivalent of a 1 lb tub. I prefer them sliced but you can always do them whole)
1 1/2 c water
3/4 c sugar
2 T cornstarch
1 large package strawberry JELLO

Place strawberries in precooked pie crust. In saucepan combine water, sugar, and cornstarch, then heat over medium high setting until the mixture starts to turn clear (it will still be a little milky, but you will be able to see the difference). Remove from heat and add strawberry JELLO. Let cool slightly then poor over strawberries. Refrigerate until set ( at least a good 2-3 hours), then slice and serve with whipped cream. Enjoy!

No comments: