Monday, August 16, 2010

Oatmeal Pancake Mix

I got this recipe from my sister, who got it from her mother-in-law. It is a great recipe because you make a bunch of pancake mix that you can keep in an air tight container, so you have mix for homemade pancakes anytime. Plus it is my absolute favorite recipe because they are not only healthy, but they are incredibly good, like oatmeal cookies! I top my pancakes with Peanut Butter and sugar free Maple Syrup... Yum!

What You Need for the Mix

4 c Oatmeal
2 c all purpose Flour
2 c Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 c brown sugar
3 T Baking Powder
2 T Cinnamon
2 t Salt
1/2 t Cream of Tartar
(you can also add 1c Dry Milk to make them a little more smooth, but I usually omit it since I don't have any, and just use milk to mix the pancake batter instead of using water. Although if you do use dry milk I still suggest mixing the batter with milk, it just gives it a better fuller taste)

Directions

Mix all ingredients well, and store in an air tight container. (Makes 4 batches)

What You Need to Make Pancakes

2 c Pancake Mix
2 eggs
1/3 c Oil
1 c milk (go for fat free! You can also use water if you are out of milk.)

Directions

In large bowl beat eggs. Add oil. Alternately add milk and pancake mix. Blend well. Cook on lightly greased skillet over medium to medium high heat. Makes about ten pancakes. Serve with your favorite syrup, eggs, fruit, bacon or any other of your favorite breakfast foods.

No comments: